Tuesday 22 May 2018

CV

When making my CV I received help from careers advice and my Tutor on the information to provide and the layout/ordering of such information
Final CV as shown:
67 Matlock Close
Great Sankey
Warrington
WA5 3PZ
07954334597

Personal Profile:
I do a lot of drawing and animating characters of my own design which I am good at creating alongside storytelling. This is due to my imaginative skills and inspiration through various existing stories.
I wish to get into an animation-based career if not storytelling which I primarily enjoy most of all.

Skills and Experience:
Animation – I have explored traditional 2D, 3D and digital animation processes.  My preferred media is digital 2D animation using a graphics tablet because I can leverage my drawing talent.
Verbal Communication and Teamwork – I have worked alongside and in collaboration with other students on many briefs, where we have allocated tasks according to one another's artistic skills.  One collaboration with students from the BA (Hons) Illustration course received a commendation at the YCN Student Awards 2017, Barbican Centre, London.
I was also Vice President of Leeds Arts University Anime Society.
Flexibility – during collaborations with animation and illustration departments I managed to adapt to different ways of working and work around other team members’ availably for meetings.
Negotiating and Persuading – During collaborations we discuss various ideas before settling on one theme. For example, I proposed and produced a drawing for a fisheye concept for 'James and the Giant Peach', which was accepted as part of the team's winning submission for the YCN Student Awards 2017.
Software Skills – Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Microsoft Office and TVPaint Animation for illustrative and animating purposes. Experienced graphics tablet user.

Achievements:
YCN Student Awards 2017 – Commended for Roald Dahl Literary Estate



Education and Qualifications:
Leeds Arts University (2015-2018) – BA (Hons) Animation Undergraduate
Carmel College (2014-2015) – UAL Level 4 Foundation Diploma in Art & Design Pass
Carmel College GCE A Levels (2011-2014) – Art and Design (Graphic Communication) Grade B, Mathematics Grade D
St Gregory’s Catholic High School GCSE (2005-2011) – D&T: Resistant Materials Technology Grade B

Interests:
-          Drawing and Animating from life and my imagination for pleasure and self-promotion (e.g. via Youtuber)
-          Watching Anime
-          Watching Animation Online
-          Play Tennis for leisure
-          UK and Foreign Travel – Japan, Philippines, USA, Canada, Sweden, Iceland, Farne Islands, Shetland Islands, Germany, Spain etc.

Why Me:
With all this in mind I believe I have enough knowledge and creative skills for a career in character designing, animation and storytelling. These are areas which interest me most as they have been my focus for most of my artistic education. Coming up with a meaningful story followed up by unique characters, various artistic inspiration with a possible animated adaptation.

Referee:
Mike Smith, BA (Hons) Animation Course Leader, Leeds Arts University
mike.smith@leeds-art.ac.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment