Wednesday 23 May 2018

Plans for my Animation Skills

One of the things I will be working on after graduation, while looking for places to work, will be working on my animations skills (practicing and improving).

I will take it as a chance to animate movements I wanted to try out and finish off existing animations I never finished or continue them as a character/story concept. Possibly develop my own series that I could build upon until I can sell it as my own animated series (or graphic novel to begin with).

One program in particular I will try to make use if is TVPaint as I only used it for at least two animations I have made in collaborations this year.


Lifting Tower Project, shown in Studio Practice

D&AD Brief, Ivy The Terrible, shown in Studio Practice


I just have to get used to TVPaint and learn how to animate the way I would usually do in Photoshop but hopefully even better. The only problem I have is with the line work, the only tool I find which can give me the solid lines I like to work with on Photoshop isn't as efficient.
Through using the programme more I hope to find a solution to this so that I can use TVPaint more efficiently, therefore hopefully progress in my quality of my animations.
For now I do very well limited by the use of Photoshop for animating purposes. However, right of now both programmes are just as easy for me to use. This might change if I start using TVPaint more since I am still used to using Photoshop more often.
Regardless, this will help widen my use of animation software.

Besides animating I also hope to create more creative character designs for people and my own purposes. This includes creating characters for a collaborative story telling I have developed with a fellow friend as we both believe in it's uniqueness and comedic value that could draw in an audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment